- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4/5 cup plant-based milk
- 4 tablespoons Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 8 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour or ground almonds
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place coconut oil in a large bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Add milk, Lighthouse Lemonade Cordial, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and ground almonds to the melted coconut oil.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix all ingredients together to form a smooth batter. Add an extra splash of milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 12 cupcake liners, about 3/4 way full.
- Bake in oven for around 15 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted into the cupcakes and comes out clean.
- Once cupcakes have finished baking, transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely before adding the frosting.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting by adding the sifted icing sugar, vegan butter, and Lighthouse Lemonade to an electric mixing bowl. Start at slow speed and gradually increase speed until smooth. The frosting should be quite thick to hold its shape once on the cupcakes.
- After the cupcakes have cooled completely, apply an even amount of frosting to each cupcake.
- Decorate cupcakes with toppings of choice.
- Store leftovers, covered, at room temperature or in the fridge up to 3 days.